1. Issue with link or unable to connect to your online meeting, please reach out to your meeting organizer.
2. Contact your local IT Department.
Microsoft’s Troubleshooting Guide
Applies To: Lync Web App for Lync Online, Lync Web App
The Lync Web App plug-in is required for audio, video, and screen sharing during a Skype for Business (Lync) Meeting. If you’re having trouble with plug-in, try these suggestions first:
- Make sure your computer operating system and web browser are on the list of supported platforms.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and features and, if required, uninstall existing versions of the plug in.
- Open an InPrivate browsing session in Internet Explorer and try joining the meeting again. If that succeeds, consider clearing your browser cache to remove obsolete credentials that might be interfering with sign-in.
If you still can’t install the plug-in, review this list of issues and errors.
- Plug-in download fails
- Plug-in file moved or deleted
- Plug-in isn’t detected after installation
- Plug-in installed but unable to use audio, video and sharing
- Firewall warning when joining a meeting from Skype for Business (Lync) Web App
- Change the plug-in’s default domain trust setting
- I’ve tried everything and still can’t install the plug-in
For Additional Resources, please visit